Faux 3D Technique

I decided to try a new technique out called Faux 3D stamping.  This was my first attempt and I could have done a better job, but it still came out cute.  I used the Just Believe Clear Mount stamp set.
I first stamped the large wildflower image in the same color ink as the cardstock, old olive.  Then, I stamped it again slightly lower and to the left using white craft ink.  Lastly, I stamped it a third time using Versamark again slightly lower and to the left.  This gives a shadow and highlight effect to the image and it appears to be raised.  Had I gotten the images stamped a little closer together, it would have had more of a 3D effect, but it still looked good enough to give.  I finished the card with some double-stitched ribbon and the flower frame pop-dotted on top.  I stamped the sentiment one word at a time inside the frame.

Hope you like the card.  I gave it to a coworker at the office for her birthday.

6 comments:

  1. What a great technique! It really adds a special touch to a clean and classy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I'm following you from Stampin' Connection. I'm #302. http://createNstamp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to be able to leave a message on your blog. Following you via Stampin' Connection:

    http://stampinmomoffour.blogspot.com

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique!! I love this set and have to try this technique out! Happy to follow you from SC #342. Hope you'll return the favor when you get a chance. http://alacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your card and the background of your blog. Now follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...